Just got PRK after RK

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Postby Indept » Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:41 am

Week 8.3 (a little late with my update): Now having said that, there is no difference from week 7 so let the healing continue.
Indept

Postby Indept » Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:33 pm

Week 9: I'm going to be cautious here as I don't want to jinx my healing BUT I seem to be "clearing up" earlier in the day. After my first 3 weeks when I had excellent distance my eye started ghosting & would be not as sharp at distance early on in the day but by night it would be pretty good from about 7 or 8 o'clock on. In the last week or so it seems to be getting to that point at about 3 - 4 o'clock. Well lets see how this goes, either it's just a cycle its going through or maybe it's finally settling in.
Indept

Postby It's Just Me » Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:15 am

What is ghosting? I've been wondering about that word. I "get" halos and glare...
It's Just Me

Postby Indept » Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:48 pm

It's where you see a "ghost" image of something. In my case when looking at words, I see the letters and there is a second letter just next to it as if it's a 3-D letter.
Indept

Postby It's Just Me » Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:42 am

Oh, THAT would drive me nuts! blurry is bad enough :shock:
It's Just Me

Postby Indept » Sat May 02, 2009 5:28 pm

Week 11: no real difference from before. I have a checkup with the doc on tues so I'll post results.
Indept

Postby Indept » Tue May 05, 2009 11:05 pm

3 month checkup: I had my 3 month checkup today. The doctor did confirm I was overcorrected as I suspected, +1.25. She said she wasn't surprised by this & felt that my eye will take up to 6 months to settle in due to my previous RK. She felt my results so far were pretty "typical" and expects it to regress as time goes on so I'll wait & see what happens by August 14 when I have my next followup.
Indept

Re: Just got PRK after RK

Postby Indept » Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:06 pm

Well here I am at 6 months. My eye seems to have settled slightly farsighted. I went in for a doctor visit yesterday. My surgeon said he can correct this but wants to confirm that my eye has stopped changing. I am going in 2 weeks to have it dilated and checked, then I will go back about 1 month later & have it rechecked to confirm that it hasn't changed.He said the reason for the over correction was that the cuts from the RK are very deep. He said he actually took less off than he would have with a non RK eye and I still settled overcorrected.
Indept

Postby LasikExpert » Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:19 pm

Close attention to changes in your refractive error with both dilated (cycloplegic refraction) and undilated (manifest refraction) exams is important to determine how much, if, and when enhancement surgery is appropriate.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby Indept » Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:33 am

Well i had correction done thursday Oct 29 for my now farsighted eye. I was at about +1.00 last week (where it had stabilized at). My surgeon said It would take longer to stabilize this time (a few weeks to a month at least) than it took for myopic treatment. He said I would go myopic after PRK then should settle back to plano. It's now been 1 week and my eye is myopic as he said it would be. The initial few days were identical to my initial procedure. I went home & slept for a few hours after surgery. When I woke up there was some scratchyness. I was able to watch the world series with my left (untreated) eye. The next day I still had some scratchyness but not bad. Day 3 was the worst just the same as the first PRK, scratchty & light sensitive. Day 4 it felt much better. I got the bandage contact out on day 5 (Monday) and it feels fine, no problem when I wake up and pretty good throughout the day (except for the nearsightedness).
Indept

Postby LasikExpert » Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:22 am

Keep us up to date on your progress.
Glenn Hagele
USAEyes

Lasik Info &

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby Indept » Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:10 am

Week 2 (+3 days): My eye is progressing. I went myopic to start as my surgeon said I would. I seemed to peak myopic at 1 week. Now I am going hyperopic (not farsighted but less myopic towards plano) as my surgeon said I would. Lets see how things go, so far so good.....
Indept

Postby LasikExpert » Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:11 pm

Deliberate overcorrection with hyperopic correction is common as hyperopic correction tends to regress more than myopic correction.
Glenn Hagele
USAEyes

Lasik Info &

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby Indept » Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:01 am

LasikExpert wrote:Deliberate overcorrection with hyperopic correction is common as hyperopic correction tends to regress more than myopic correction.

Thanks for the info LasikExpert.
Week3:Slight improvement but nothing drastic. I'm down to 1 Lotemax drop a day so lets see where I go from here.
Indept

Postby Indept » Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:30 am

Coming up on week 6. My eye is still improving slowly. I have better vision when I wake up but still myopic. I seem to have real clear just after putting drops in. At first I thought the drops were acting as a lens but if my eye is myopic, that means that the lense is too thick or bulging still so why would drops help that? Maybe it's hydration? lets see how thing go in the weeks to come.
Indept

PreviousNext

Return to Just Had It