What can I do now?

Post your questions and start your research in this forum if more than three months ago you had any type of surgery to reduce the need for glasses and contacts.

What can I do now?

Postby soozg » Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:58 pm

I had lasik 7 years ago (flap type) because I was very nearsighted. I had a left eye enhancement 4 years ago after my left vision got nearsighted again. Two years ago my right vision went blurry and I had to start wearing a soft contact lense. This year my left eye went blurry and because lazik gave me astigmatism, I cannot find a soft lense that gives me clear vision in that eye. I have recently tried to go the gas permeable lense route but because my cornea is so "mushy" (according to the doc) from lazik I have not found a hard contact lense that doesn't mess with my cornea so badly that I have double vision or am severly farsighted when I take them out.

I wouldn't dream of doing another lasik enhancement - clearly it isn't working for me. But I would like to be able to find a contact lense that gives me good vision and doesn't mess up my vision so badly when I wear my glasses last thing or first thing in the day. I was wondering if anyone had any history or knowledge of utilizing INTACS after lazik to 'stablize' my cornea so that I can return to gas permeable lenses that give me superior vision over soft.

I have worked with two good eye docs and have had very limited success.
Any ideas?
soozg

Postby LasikExpert » Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:41 am

Intacs may be a good idea. Intacs can reduce about 2.00-3.00 diopters of myopia (nearsighted, shortsighted) vision. If artfully applied, they can reduce astigmatism. Intacs have been shown to stabilize corneas with keratoconus, a disease of the eye unrelated to Lasik that weakens the cornea and allows a forward bulge causing increased astigmatism and/or myopia. Intacs can often be inserted after Lasik, but your individual circumstances would determine if they are appropriate.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Had It A While Ago