Eye Stabilization... question for Lasik Expert

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Eye Stabilization... question for Lasik Expert

Postby ToolBoy » Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:11 pm

After one month checkup (actually 5 weeks)...

Right eye plano

Left eye shows nearsightedness... -1.00 diopter, 0.25 astigmatism...

The right eye feels robotic. The left eye has bouts of coming in real good at times, and weak at times... in the middle of the day after no changes, no lubricating drops, etc...

Is this what I can expect long term? Right eye showed plano a day after...

Left eye after a day was -1.00 diopter, 0.25 astigmatism
After one week -0.5 diopter, 0.25 astigmatism
After 5 weeks -1.00 diopter, 0.25 astigmatism

Thanks!
ToolBoy

Postby DocH » Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:36 pm

Hi, I have a similar story and was also hoping for the Expert to answer. I'm still waiting.... Has your presciption changed with timw?
DocH

Postby ToolBoy » Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:22 pm

My right eye is the same and good. My left eye has gotten weaker. I'd gather to say it is about 1.25 diopter now, but I will know better at the end of the month when I get another checkup. There is no doubt that the left eye has settled in worse though.
ToolBoy

Postby DocH » Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:03 pm

do you think you will go for an enhancement?
DocH

Re: Eye Stabilization... question for Lasik Expert

Postby ToolBoy » Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:17 am

21 Jan for enhancement. I don't think my left eye regressed. I think it was undercorrected. I originally thought that Wavefront Fourier analysis stuff was golden. It was, for the right eye anyways. Maybe the suction was off or something. I know when they did readings on the computer, they had to do them 3 times, and they got different results. I don't know how that happened, but I doubt if it will happen again, as I asked when getting checked for the enhancement, and they did it twice this time, and both times were the same.
ToolBoy

Re: Eye Stabilization... question for Lasik Expert

Postby LasikExpert » Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:55 pm

ToolBoy wrote:I originally thought that Wavefront Fourier analysis stuff was golden.

Every person is different. Even every cornea is different. It is possible to make reasonable predictions based upon comprehensive information, but no one knows exactly how biological tissue will respond. Even something as simple as one eye being a bit drier than the other can make a huge difference in Lasik results. This is why the surgeon is so important. This is the person who takes the myriad of different issues into consideration when making the treatment plan.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Just Had It