Prevent dry eyes at night

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Prevent dry eyes at night

Postby prk_panic » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:41 am

I've read several stories of people who get dry eyes at night. The horror stories are those where the corneas stick to the back of the eye lid and rip open when the person opens their eyes. My doctor instructed me to use an over-the-counter lubricant eye ointment (Refresh P.M.) every night for a month. It's basically 43% mineral oil and 57% white petrolatum. I love the stuff! It feels great! By morning time, my eyes are quite oily, but very comfortable and not dry at all! I use it generously (the more, the better)! I will probably use it longer than the required one-month. Just thought I'd share...
prk_panic

Re: Prevent dry eyes at night

Postby LasikExpert » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:37 am

The back of the eye lids sticking to eye is a problem with dry eyes whether they occur naturally or are temporarily induced by Lasik. Nighttime lubricating gels can do a great job of resolving that issue. We have a detailed article about Lasik dry eye treatment.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Just Had It