Use of Alphagan after prk

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Use of Alphagan after prk

Postby karalaine » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:56 pm

I had PRK in mid-December because my corneas were too thin for Lasik. The healing was pretty painful, but the problem is that at my 8 week check up today I learned that both my eyes are undercorrected. Immediately following surgery (before the pain started) my vision was 20/15, so the doctor was very surprised today. The undercorrection is -.75 in one eye and -1.00 in the other. I thought this must be true, because my vision was not as good as it was with glasses, but I thought maybe I was just slow to heal or that this was as good as it was SUPPOSED to get! The doc said that there might still be debris on my cornea that is only microscopic (because he can't see it), or that there may be some swelling due to pressure (although the pressure tests appeared normal). At any rate, he is having me try Alphagan drops just in case that would help. There is a strong history of glaucoma in my family (my grandmother and one uncle), and I'm a bit concerned. Any words of wisdom? I am definitely not willing to do an enhancement any time soon because I have to work and was unable to for over a week after the original surgery. I would like to know if anyone has encountered this particular problem.
karalaine

Re: Use of Alphagan after prk

Postby DocH » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:24 pm

What was your original prescription?
Also how long were you unable to work?
DocH
DocH

Postby karalaine » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:45 pm

I can't remember my exact Rx prior to surgery, but it was not terrible. Around -2.75 and -2.50.

All my work is done on a computer (I'm an accountant for a car dealership), and I was unable to do any meaningful work for nearly a full two weeks. I tried prior to that, but couldn't see well enough or handle the visual on a computer screen.
karalaine

Postby DocH » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:13 pm

But isn't your vision still changing? I thought you needed to give PRK atbout 6 months to stabilize?
DocH

Return to Just Had It