The way my eyes/eye lids feel...

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

The way my eyes/eye lids feel...

Postby saladdin » Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:11 pm

I know you are not a doctor and all comments are not intended to be medical advice and I know all situations are different.
That said...

Had PRK on december 15th. Everything has been what I would call on schedule from what I ahave read others go through. But last Saturday, 4 days ago, I went to a movie. Since then my vision follows this pattern: I wake up at 0400 for work and everything is crystal clear and no odd feeling in eyes. At about 0900 my vision becomes cloudy followed quickly by "soreness" in the corners of each eye, middle of lower lids and middle of upper lids. Nothing gives relief. I would not call this painful but mild discomfort. The discomfort and cloudy vision slowly clears up by bedtime. Rinse and repeat.

Called doctor on Monday and she called on a change of steroid (said it may be aggravating eyes) from Tobra to Dexamethasone, added FreshKote drops and nightly drop of Azasite. And that my glands are clogged (compresses).Small difference since then. I know it's been only a few days.

I don't know really what I'm asking. Anyone else get this feeling in the eyelids? This sound "on par"?

My eyes get cloudy each day since that Saturday (but never before then). Is this too often? On par?

I know you are not a doctor and all comments are not intended to be medical advice and I know all situations are different.
That said...

saladdin
saladdin

Re: The way my eyes/eye lids feel...

Postby saladdin » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:19 pm

No change at all in a week. Out of the 16 or so hours I am awake per day my eye sight is densely cloudy 8 of those hours. If I drove for a living I could still not be able to work. I commute 100 miles per day and have to wear 2 pairs of sunglasses and my hood pulled over my head just to make it. What a miserable 6 weeks.

saladdin
saladdin

Re: The way my eyes/eye lids feel...

Postby swerveut » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:54 pm

Hello Saladdin,

I am not a doctor, however, Tobradex contains dexamethasone as the steroid. So I dont know if your doctor switched you to another medicine containing dexamethasone, then he really didnt switch your steroid. For self study, a good thing to do would be to compare the ingredients of both the medicines and find out their effects from Wikipedia. Isnt much, however then you will be able to have an informed discussion with your doctor.

I myself am extremely sensitive to dexamethasone in my right eye and that is why I had to switch over to FML eye drops which contain another form of the steroid.

Cheers!
swerveut

Return to Just Had It