Uneven Outcome on PRK

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Uneven Outcome on PRK

Postby marioGA » Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:42 pm

How's everybody?

Just would like to share my experience. Had a PRK 1st week of October 2009 and did experienced pain and recovered well until my last follow-up with the eye doctor. My grade prior to PRK was 3.00 on both eyes with astigmatism on right. Now its .75 on R and .5 on L and 20/40 both. My dominant eye is R so main problem is driving. I can see good on the road but reading the signs at R side seems hard. Specially approaching signs. It would be all clear as soon as I am 10-20 feet near the sign. (Would be nice if the R was sharper). Not driving and just looking further, it would not be that sharp & feels a little light headed at times. Reading something close and shifting to far distance still takes time to focus. Doctor advice that there is still astigmatism on R and its still healing until 6 months and next follow-up would be 1st week of April. Just continue with the lubricating drops. Will check then if it improved or plateau. He mentioned that an option to enhance the R but since I'm 42 now I would have the tendency use reading glasses. Right now I can read well close objects (I hope it stays that way). So now I'm kinda getting disappointed if having this PRK is worth it at my age. I missed the good vision I had with glasses & contact lenses. Are there any here who had a good outcome on PRK enhancement in case I'll take that road? Please do advice. Thank you.
marioGA

Re: Uneven Outcome on PRK

Postby marioGA » Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:35 pm

Correction: Now R is .75 and L is .25.
marioGA

Return to Just Had It