Dry Eye Testimonial and Regression Questioin

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Dry Eye Testimonial and Regression Questioin

Postby dmills1555 » Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:14 am

I had Lasik 1 month ago. My refraction was -9.5 and -11.5. I had slight astigmatism (-1 and -.75). Overall it has been a very positive experience. My vision has fluctuated between 20/20 and 20/30. The only real side effect to speak of has been dry eyes, which normally occurs in the afternoon and evening. I do a lot of computer work.

I had been using single vials of preservative free eye drops. Today, I purchased Systane, and I must say it was a very pleasant surprise. Not only did it soothe my eyes, but my vision got so clear. I would say that within minutes after using the drops, I was somewhere between 20/20 and 20/15.

My doctor told me that with my degree of correction, that regression was a higher probability. I am wondering when I will be out of the woods for the possibility of regression. Will it occur in the first month, the first six months? Does my ppositive results so far suggest that it will not have a problem? If I do, how far can I expect my vision to regress. Thanks.

Doug
dmills1555

Postby LasikExpert » Wed Oct 25, 2006 4:55 pm

Regression commonly occurs within the first three months postop, but can occur later. Regression of 1.00 - 2.00 diopters would be a reasonable expectation. I'm sure your doctor has talked to you about enhancement surgery after regression.

You may want to review our article on Lasik Dry Eye with links to techniques and methods of management.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Just Had It