My Overcorrection

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

My Overcorrection

Postby skt8 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:21 am

Here is my Lasik story. I hope some people my find it helpful in answering their questions.

I am 47 years old presbyopic (need reading glasses).

Pre-Lasik Prescription (taken about 2 months prior to Lasik):
OD (Right) -4.00 -1.25 X180
OS (left) -3.50 -1.00 x180
Add" +1.75 (reading)

Date of Lasik: Dec. 22/09. Altough I live in Canada, I had the lasik done in India. This was a big mistake since follow up is not possibility. In any

case...I had the followup done in Canada from a good Optomitrist.

I beleive my vision just before Lasik was very good and I beleive the prscription was same as above. But for some reason my surgeon corrected me for the

following presciption. Maybe to compensate for the regression. In any case he did not explain why corrected Rx was different nor I asked.

Lasik Prescription *this what the surgeon corrected me for)
OD (Right) -4.25 -1.00 X170
OS (left) -3.75 -1.00 x180

One week post my Lasik procedure, I felt my reading had deteriated and suspected that I have been over corrected. And believe me overcorrection for

presbyopic (need reading glasses) people is extra bad. At this point I was very unhappy with the outcome. I went to my optometrist at 2 week point after the

procedure. He confirmed my overcorrection as following:

2-week-Lasik Prescription:
OD (Right) +0.75 -0.25 X170
OS (left) +0.25 -0.50 x180

But the optometrist told me not panic and wait for the eyes to heal. Here is a bit of good news, at 5-week point my right eye got 2 steps better and the

presciption was as following:

5-week-Lasik Prescription:
OD (Right) +0.25 -0.25 X170
OS (left) +0.25 -0.50 x180

I came out of this checkup feeling whole lot better and my vision actually at 5-week point does feel better than it was at 2 week point.

So I am still hoping that in next couple of months, my presciption will be more closer to plano (zero).

In any case, I am hoping to hear from some readers here about if I should consider enhancement if my presciption remains same as it was at 5 week point.

I will post my next presciption results in about a month.

Thanks
skt8

Re: My Overcorrection

Postby PRKorIntacs » Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:53 pm

What's your distance vision now? Your slight astigmatism gives you a spherical equivalent of plano. If you prefer being slightly myopic and being able to focus on intermediate distances, such as computers without reading glasses, you could enhance one or both eyes.
PRKorIntacs

Re: My Overcorrection

Postby skt8 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:03 am

PRKorIntacs wrote:What's your distance vision now? Your slight astigmatism gives you a spherical equivalent of plano. If you prefer being slightly myopic and being able to focus on intermediate distances, such as computers without reading glasses, you could enhance one or both eyes.

PRKorIntacs,

You are right in that slight astigmatism in one meridian makes my spherical power a plano.

Latest distance vision Rx is what I have at 5 week point. I am going back for another checkup at 3-month point.

As for as enhancement goes, being slight myopic for computer and intermidiate use is something worth discussing with my surgeon. Thanks for your comments.
skt8

Return to Just Had It