small enhancements

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

small enhancements

Postby jonny t » Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:25 pm

Had Lasek treatment with wavefront five weeks ago in the uk. whilst pleased with results, prior to treatment i was given the option of correcting both eyes to plano or leaving dominant eye slighltly under corrected for reading / close vision in a few years time, i'm 43 now. Chose the latter option but with hindsight just miss that bit of crispness in the under corrected right eye. Prescription was - 2.5 in both eyes with right eye, i believe, under corrected to - 0.25. With such a small difference will an enhancement be feasible? Also how much would this small under correction benefit me as regards to close vision in a few years time?
Thanking you in anticipation
John 8)
jonny t

Postby LasikExpert » Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:03 pm

If your prescription is -0.25, then in my opinion you would gain so little from enhancement surgery that it is not worth the very real risk of surgery and surgery induced overcorrection into hyperopia (farsighted, longsighted) vision.

As you become more presbyopic you will learn to become accustomed to "adequate" vision. Unless you are changing spectacles for each switch to vision at a different distance, you are going to have less than perfect vision in the mid to near range. A small amount of myopia (nearsighted, shortsighted) vision in one eye can make a large difference in the ability to see objects near with extra clarity. For details, see our article on Monovision.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Just Had It