blurry vision in the morning

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

blurry vision in the morning

Postby Zuala » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:36 am

I'm 27, male and had epilasik done and I'm 20 days post surgery. I was told to apply Ciprofloxacin eye ointment for two week at night. I find that my vision is usually blurry in the morning and gets clearer in the afternoon. I wonder if its because of the ointment ? ( Wonder if this happens to others). I also found that my vison still hasn't been as good as it was before the operation. Is this normal? Since the 2nd week of the op, i've started using computer( usually 2-3 hrs) is this harmful? Lastly, I'd like to inquire if cigarette is harmful( to the eyes of course ;) ).
Zuala

Re: blurry vision in the morning

Postby ste71m » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:00 pm

Zuala wrote:I'm 27, male and had epilasik done and I'm 20 days post surgery. I was told to apply Ciprofloxacin eye ointment for two week at night. I find that my vision is usually blurry in the morning and gets clearer in the afternoon. I wonder if its because of the ointment ? ( Wonder if this happens to others). I also found that my vison still hasn't been as good as it was before the operation. Is this normal? Since the 2nd week of the op, i've started using computer( usually 2-3 hrs) is this harmful? Lastly, I'd like to inquire if cigarette is harmful( to the eyes of course ;) ).

Hi Zuala
i had lasek (left eye 11 days, right 4 days ago) that should be very similar to epilasik
I had clear vision on my left eye 1 week after surgery when contact was removed. But healing time can change a lot from person to person and also depends on the amount of correction i think. While waiting to remove contact i spoke with a woman and she told me she had clear vision 1 month after surgery and everyday she could see improvements. So you have a lot of space for improvement.
In the first week my vision was clearer in the morning, maybe because eyes got tired or dry, don't know exactely.
My surgeon said working on pc will not affect final result (i'm a software developer so i was worried about spending 8 hrs in front of pc)
Maybe Glenn can tell us if using a pair of readers when using computer is a good idea
I hope smoking cigarettes won't be harmful cause i smoke too, but someone suggested to quit for some days because smoke can irritate eyes
Good luck
ste71m

Postby Zuala » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:22 pm

Hi Ste71m,
Thanks for the reply. Guess ours are similar more or less. Funny thing bout computer is that i wear shades when i'm on it like rite now (what's readers btw?). Its rather comfy. Hopefully we both will have satisfactory results in the long run.
Zuala

Postby ste71m » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:53 pm

I meant reading glasses
Sorry for my bad english
What are shaders? Sunglasses?
ste71m

Postby Zuala » Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:23 pm

sunglasses yes. reading glasses... arent those like glasses for people with hypermetropia?
Zuala

Postby ste71m » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:27 pm

Reading glasses are used for presbyopia.
They have same effect of having a small myopia: result is eyes need less accomodation for reading.
ste71m

Postby Zuala » Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:52 am

ok. Just want to let u know my eyesight's getting better . Even the blur in morning's gone. Prolly because i've stopped using my ointment. Thanks a lot for the replies
Zuala

Return to Just Had It