Feeling of muscle pull/ache and eye strain 2 weeks later

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Feeling of muscle pull/ache and eye strain 2 weeks later

Postby cjhutch » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:32 pm

Hi,
I had LASIK two weeks ago and overall, I am very happy with the results. I was -3.25 in both eyes before surgery. My vision is really good however, my only complaint is a feeling of muscle "pull" around my right eye. It almost feels like my eye is trying to pull one way and the muscles surrounding it are pulling it another, don't know if that really makes sense. The vision in the eye is great, no bluriness, starbursts, etc. but the pull sensation is giving me headaches. I would say I notice this pull about 75% of the time, and the other 25%, things are perfect. Also, at times it feels like my two eyes aren't really working together and I have to concentrate to make them "work" together. I am hoping this is my brain/muscles adjusting to my new vision, and that is what my surgeon says as well. I am really hoping the sensation gets better over time. Any one else have a similar symptom?
cjhutch
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:50 am

Re: Feeling of muscle pull/ache and eye strain 2 weeks later

Postby PRKorIntacs » Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:14 pm

Have you tried reading glasses for up close? Before, your myopia was allowing you to see naturally from near. Your accomodation may be pulling your muscle. I experience the same if I try to read without removing my glasses.
PRKorIntacs
 
Posts: 90
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:43 am

Re: Feeling of muscle pull/ache and eye strain 2 weeks later

Postby Paul » Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:39 am

cjhutch wrote:Hi,
Also, at times it feels like my two eyes aren't really working together and I have to concentrate to make them "work" together. I am hoping this is my brain/muscles adjusting to my new vision, and that is what my surgeon says as well. I am really hoping the sensation gets better over time. Any one else have a similar symptom?


I'm 1.5 weeks post op on hyperopia lasik correction. I have experienced the same thing and I agree that I believe the brain is re-adjusting. I used to note a similar phenomena when I was breaking in a new prescription with glasses. Seemed to last 2 or 3 weeks then sort of forgot about it.
Paul
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:36 am

Re: Feeling of muscle pull/ache and eye strain 2 weeks later

Postby LasikExpert » Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:07 pm

See our article on Lasik eye strain.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3309
Joined: Fri May 12, 2006 6:43 am
Location: California


Return to Just Had It

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest