Different depth perception for different colours 4wk Lasik

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Different depth perception for different colours 4wk Lasik

Postby greenmark » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:54 am

I was wondering in anyone has had experienced different colours seeming to be at different distances.

After four weeks, I find I have different depth perception for different colours. This means that when I look at a computer, any text or images in red or blue seems to float about 1mm from the screen. Text and images in green remain flat on the screen.

Although this means all my Powerpoint presentations have an intersting Avatar 3D-like quality to them, it means I do get pretty terrible eye strain very quickly as my eyes cannot figure out where to focus and align themselves. I am also frequently experience nausea.

I've looked and have not read any other posts describing anything remotely similar to what I have and I am wondering if this is at all common. And of course, I wonder if I can hope for the condition to wear off or be treated through enhancement. My doctor only ever says "wait and see" without giving me any reasons for what has happened.
greenmark

Re: Different depth perception for different colours 4wk Lasik

Postby LasikExpert » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:25 pm

Light travels in waves. Color is perceived from light that travels at specific wavelengths. It is possible that the cornea is changing the wavelength of certain colors by slowing down the wave. This can cause a color shift or the effects you describe. Color shift tends to be a consequence of continued healing. As the cornea heals, the clarity returns and light passes through with less disruption.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Just Had It