2 years and counting..

Post your questions and start your research in this forum if more than three months ago you had any type of surgery to reduce the need for glasses and contacts.

2 years and counting..

Postby tootsieroll » Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:12 am

I've had PRK a couple of years ago and I am still surprised that I am experiencing problems. Although my vision is good, the problems are still a bit annoying. I still have dry eyes when I wake up and throughout the day and I had permanent punctal plugs put in to resolve this. None of the different sized plugs fit my left eye, the top cap seems to angle to one side and constantly scratching my eyeball and eventually it fell out. I've tried temporary plugs but didn't help like permanent ones. I get a lot of ghosting in that left eye and doesn't seem to be improving with time. Went to my doctor and they showed me this graph with circles and different levels of color and said my left eye has more (ablation?) not sure if that's the word, but the left eye was showing a higher peak of color. My right eye was my good eye going into surgery and surprisingly I am left with 0.25 astigmatism while my left eye(which had worse astigmatism going into surgery) is now great vision with ghosting. I find myself straining when I read things and my eyes become exhausted. Fluorescent lighting is also a problem(darn you Walmart) and makes me feel disoriented and light headed. Will that problem ever go away? Also is there such thing as an angled permanent plug. I want to try smartplugs but have heard some horror stories about it getting stuck and infected and what not. Thanks for reading.
tootsieroll

Re: 2 years and counting..

Postby tootsieroll » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:55 am

I am going to post this here as it sort of relates to PRK. I went to my annual check up with my regular eye doctor and just wanted to address my dry eyes, glare and regression in my right eye. I also brought up that I have been experiencing flashing lights and little floaters mostly in my left eye. They decided to dilate my pupils and take a look and noticed that there are specks on the lens of my eyes. Do specks cause flashing lights? isn't that the retina? Also can the laser from PRK cause this?
tootsieroll

Return to Had It A While Ago