Had epi-lasik two weeks ago and no change

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Had epi-lasik two weeks ago and no change

Postby GreenJeep » Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:32 am

Before the epi-lasik surgery I was -7.5 in my left eye and -7 in my right eye with astigmatism in both(greater in left eye). After the surgery my vision was 20/40 and 20/50. It has been two weeks and my eyes are still 20/40 20/50. I was told by my dr. that I can legally drive during the day but not at night. Since I needed to see better then what I am ....I asked to be put into glasses. I received the new lenses today and see just slightly better(hardly noticeable)... but actually feels like the depth of objects are off. I was told that more than likely I will need the enhancement. However what do I do in the meantime? Will my eyes get better in time?

I have read posts concerning lasik surgery but haven't seen much on the epi-lasik proceedure. Thanks.
GreenJeep

Re: Had epi-lasik two weeks ago and no change

Postby LasikExpert » Tue May 04, 2010 6:03 pm

Epi-Lasik is notorious for providing less than excellent vision for the first few weeks. Read our article about Epi-Lasik.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Re: Had epi-lasik two weeks ago and no change

Postby PRKorIntacs » Thu May 06, 2010 2:08 am

I am looking to get PRK myself and I understand the healing can take several weeks. Are you seeing 20/20 with your glasses? An enhancement attempts to correct you closer to plano, something you get with glasses. You will want to wait at least 3 months before thinking about an enhancement. Keep in mind that should you decide to stay at 20/40, you won't need reading glasses at age 40-45. I am not aiming for 20/20 distance vision in order to stay out of reading glasses.
PRKorIntacs

Return to Just Had It