-9.25x-1.00x020 / -8.00x-1.75x175

If you are thinking about having Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL eye surgery, this is the forum to research your concerns or ask your questions.

-9.25x-1.00x020 / -8.00x-1.75x175

Postby what_big_E? » Mon May 10, 2010 3:36 pm

Hello, I'm scheduled for consultation in June and, hopefully, surgery to follow. I have been trying to research the proedures but am having a hard time pinning down the ones that will likely be offered to me. I would like to go into my consultation with more than a working knowledge of procedures. I do know that I will NOT get the surgery if my only option is the IOL. I am uncomfortbale with a surgery that increases my cataract risk.

Having worn glasses since I was seven, I am hoping to reduce my dependency. I would be perfectly content with glasses for distances since I can currently only see about as far as the end of my nose.

Any recommendations on where I should focus my research?
what_big_E?

Re: -9.25x-1.00x020 / -8.00x-1.75x175

Postby LasikExpert » Mon May 10, 2010 5:53 pm

If you are over about age 45, consider Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE). The Phakic Intraocular Lens (PIOL) would be considered appropriate if you are well under age 45 and there are two types, one is much less likely to induce cataracts by trauma during surgery. If you have very thick corneas, then Lasik may be appropriate. If your corneas are moderately thick, then PRK, LASEK, or Epi-Lasik may be appropriate.

You will also want to read about Lasik and large pupil issues.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Thinking About It