one eye different for reading

If you are thinking about having Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL eye surgery, this is the forum to research your concerns or ask your questions.

one eye different for reading

Postby GeneralPatientInquiry » Sun Jun 04, 2006 2:48 pm

I am being asked by my doctor if I want both eyes the same vision and eventually wear reading glasses or have one eye for distance and one eye for closeness and never wear glasses again. What are the results of the latter.
This post is a reprint of a previously requested inquiry received by USAEyes.org via email.
GeneralPatientInquiry

Monovision

Postby LasikExpert » Sun Jun 04, 2006 2:57 pm

I'm just a bit older than you and use monovision. It took me several months and several different contact lens prescriptions to find a combination that was comfortable for me. Now, I prefer monovision to glasses with full vision correction. About 2/3rds of folks who try monovision like it. For all the details, see Monovision and Lasik

You owe it to yourself to try monovision with contacts before you decide. And remember that presbyopia will get worse as you get older. What may be a minor nuisance today can be a major pain tomorrow. Also, don't get rushed into making this decision. Find what works for you even if it takes months.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Thinking About It