Large pupils and thin corneal flap

If you are thinking about having Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL eye surgery, this is the forum to research your concerns or ask your questions.

Large pupils and thin corneal flap

Postby kylielg » Tue Oct 31, 2006 5:55 am

I have recently had a consultation for lasik surgery and have a few concerns about it as the doctor has told me that I have large pupils and thin corneal flap, he told me that it is possible that I may have halos, glare or starbursts at night after the surgery.
My pupil size is 7.5mm and my prescription is Left: -4.00, -0.75 and
right -2.75, -1.00

My corneal flap was 475.

I would like to know how likely it is for this to occur and if anyone can tell me what it is like when this does occur, is it manageable or horrible and are you still able to drive at night.

If anyone can help please, I would love to get this done although I am quite scared at the same time
kylielg

Postby LasikExpert » Tue Oct 31, 2006 5:54 pm

In your situation there really is no way for anyone to reliably predict what halo, blur, starburst, or glare problem you may encounter, but as your doctor has told you, you are at an elevated risk for trouble.

You may want to look at this image gallery to get an idea of how bad low light visual effects can be.

Remember that refractive surgery can only provide the convenience of a reduced need for corrective lenses. To achieve that convenience you would need to accept some risk. Your risk is elevated, but no one will really be able to predict your actual outcome and it may not be possible to correct a bad outcome.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Thinking About It