pain around eyes 3 weeks after lasik

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

pain around eyes 3 weeks after lasik

Postby marshallpainter » Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:22 pm

I had lasik 3 weeks ago and haven't had many complications so far. The only ones I have noticed are a HUGE amount of floaters in my left eye only (extremely annoying), some focus issues (which I hope will go away soon), and the most worrisome: some severe shots of pain in both eyes. Could this be an infection? Does anyone else have this? The first time it happened I was driving and it hurt so bad I had to pull over from the pain and my eye watering so bad because of it. It hurts the most in my left eye. The only way I can describe it is the pain you feel when you stub your toe. It shoots up your leg and then starts throbbing. That is what my eye feels like. I feel like it shoots back into my head and all around my eye. Most of the time it's a sharp pain like that for a few seconds then it throbs and goes away, but I'm finally getting seriously concerned because it is becoming a constant thing. About an hour before I went to bed last night and for the three hours I've been awake today, I've felt a dull pain in the top of both of my eyes. It sort of feels like strain, but a little worse. My next check up isn't for another couple of weeks. Should I be worried? Should I make another appointment sooner? HELP!
marshallpainter

Re: pain around eyes 3 weeks after lasik

Postby davidmartinomalley » Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:43 pm

I had similar in both my eyes (although one eye was worse than the other) - it's like an intense throbbing pain that comes and goes. I was taking motrin for about a month - and I *rarely* take pain meds of any sort. It eased off when the dryness cleared up in my eyes. I was extremely dry, and was using eye drops every hour for a few weeks after surgery. I too thought it was infected, however, after a check up I was told that the pain from an infection would be much worse, and more constant.

Hope knowing that helps, of course, everyones pain and situation is different.
davidmartinomalley

Return to Just Had It