RE. Zyoptix custom wavefront LASIK 24h post-op

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

RE. Zyoptix custom wavefront LASIK 24h post-op

Postby ntbaker » Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:39 am

Hi, was hoping for some advice. My eyes before my procedure were approx. -5.75 (left) and -5 (right) with .75 astig in the left. I had the procedure done yesterday, no pain, no scratchiness whatsoever. I am not prone to dry eyes and im applying lots of drops just in case. My eyes actually feel better than before the procedure.

My question is about my 24h post-op exam. I was told that my left eye was 20/25 and my right was 20/50. I know its quite early but in all honesty can I expect my right eye to become 20/20? It seems to be quite off from the left since both were done at the same time. I am looking for a no BS answer, none of the "well healing is different for every...." Can I expect my right eye to improve to 20/20? I am experiencing nothing like double vision, just the mild haziness normally described.

Thanks in advance.
ntbaker

Postby LasikExpert » Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:40 am

It is very reasonable to expect and experience changes in the first several weeks after surgery. Your eyes have just had invasive microsurgery. They are recovering and that recovery can include a bit of edema (swelling), which can cause a bit of myopia (nearsighted, shortsighted) vision.

Keep up the dry eye care even if things feel fine. The nerves that tell you your eyes are dry are the same ones that help regulate tear production, and they have been disrupted by surgery.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Just Had It