Who is the bust lasik surgeon in the world?

If you are thinking about having Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL eye surgery, this is the forum to research your concerns or ask your questions.

Who is the bust lasik surgeon in the world?

Postby hbsseller » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:16 am

I would like to get corrective surgery and have a relatively light -1.50 prescription currently. I live in Dallas. It is worth it to me to spend a bit more and go to the best doctor in the world for this. I have been told [DR] in London may be considered that. Does anyone have a sense of if there is another doctor or two, especially in the US, who could be considered best in the world at this procedure?

Note: Physician's name redacted.
hbsseller

Re: Who is the best lasik surgeon in the world?

Postby LasikExpert » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:08 pm

The idea that there is a best Lasik surgeon in the world is a myth. There are many, many excellent Lasik surgeons throughout the world. Several surgeons considered excellent are in DFW. The trick is to find them. We have our 50 Tough Questions For Your Lasik Doctor that you may want to use as a guide.

Another reason the idea of a best Lasik surgeon in the world is a myth is because every surgeon who has performed more than a few hundred Lasik surgeries has had an undesireable result. Lasik is surgery and there is no such thing as perfect surgery. Even the good surgeons can make mistakes, although the probability of a mistake is lower with a competent surgeon. You may want to look at our patient survey on Lasik results.

I know DR in London. If you telephoned and told him you are in Dallas, he would likely tell you to use a surgeon there.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Thinking About It