Haze... causes and will it heal? - lasik

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Haze... causes and will it heal? - lasik

Postby finalheaven » Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:01 pm

I got Lasik eye surgery and I believe it was a custom wave lasik. I only got it on one of my eyes because that eye had regressed from the first time i took lasik. been about 8 days now

the weird part about this time is the haze... i have read that its more PRK or epi-lasik that gets haze so i'm not sure why i have it. i have read the other threads on here and its the same as everyone else it seems where everything is whiter in that eye as if a cloud is front of everything. it is very noticeable since my other eye is completely normal.

so my question is if this will heal or get better over time? and if so how long will it take?

Also what type of haze is this? is this some sort of corneal problem? the haze seemed to have gone away every time i put Pred Forte in my eyes and was gone in the mornings especially which i believe is steroids?... but it has now passed 7 days so i have stopped using it and seems to be there constantly at fluctuating haziness ever after waking up.

i read an extreme amount and this really gets to me as it seems to get blurry at times...

Thanks in advance for your comments
finalheaven

Re: Haze... causes and will it heal? - lasik

Postby finalheaven » Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:46 pm

also i haven't told my doctor yet as i have a day 9 appointment tomorrow and will be bringing this haze up...

i just hope that this will go away one way or another... whether i have to use some sort of other eyes drops or surgery again to clear the haze up.
finalheaven

Postby LasikExpert » Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:58 pm

This early after surgery some hazy vision is likely just a part of your healing process, but make a written list of detailed symptoms to describe to your doctor what you are experiencing and please let us know what the doctor says.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby finalheaven » Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:57 pm

LasikExpert wrote:This early after surgery some hazy vision is likely just a part of your healing process, but make a written list of detailed symptoms to describe to your doctor what you are experiencing and please let us know what the doctor says.

Is is normal that i can actually see the color difference between my two eyes. for instance if i'm looking at a white sheet of paper, my eye (with the haze) will see a variation of green/purple hue to the paper. And the haze is to the point that it will blur texts somewhat. not too serious that it'll prevent me from reading but annoying nonetheless. i'm not sure if this is considered moderate haze or severe....
finalheaven

Postby LasikExpert » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:12 am

Light travels in waves. Different wavelengths provide different colored light. If the light waves are disrupted by the cornea it may present as a shift in color. This would be in addition to adding white (haze) to the color. If you add white to red, you get pink, etc. Many people complain that flourescent lights make vision difficult immediately after surgery. It is the same concept in that the light given off by flourescent lights is a different wavelength than natural light. Be sure to mention this to your surgeon.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Just Had It