Please help - having serious anxiety afterwards!

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Please help - having serious anxiety afterwards!

Postby stilljbrooke » Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:54 pm

My husband had Lasik 3 weeks ago - he did fine and his vision is now 20/15. However, ever since the procedure, he has had major issues with anxiety and panic attacks. He had NO history of anything like this prior - it started the day after lasik. He says that his vision is too sharp and vibrant - like he's now hypersensitive. Also, he works around fluorescent lighting and he swears the flickering bright lights trigger his episodes. He gets shaky, scared, sweaty, vomits, etc....its awful! And its really affecting his mind! He is so scared that this won't go away. Has anyone else experienced something like this? I could understand if he had suffered some major vision distortion or had horrible dry eye - but he had good results! Why has this improved vision affected him this way? Please help!
stilljbrooke

Re: Please help - having serious anxiety afterwards!

Postby stilljbrooke » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:54 pm

Anyone? Please? I'm really grasping at straws here. My husband has NEVER dealt with anything like this and he (and I) are very scared :(
stilljbrooke

Postby davinci23 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:20 am

I don't have any solutions for you. Just wanted to say I'm sorry to hear your husband is going through this....
davinci23

Postby teacher » Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:21 am

I'm sorry to hear about what your husband is going through (or went through). I had my lasik done in late Sept of this year and am also experiencing extreme aniexty as a result of poor follow care and terrible complications. It is ones sight after all so it'd difficult to accept when things aren't right (an may never be).
teacher

Postby DeadWomanWalking » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:40 pm

Don't we wish that we had all known then what we know now. I have had a total nervous breakdown and am unable to function since my failed lasik surgery. I will never be the same and do not have any idea how to get out of this hole that I am in. I feel so stupid for having this surgery when I could see fine with my glasses and contacts. My family is suffering and I can't figure out how to confine my misery to myself so that is doesn't affect them. Only those on this site understand what it's like to lose your good sight because of a decision that you made yourself rather than an act of God. This is the only place where I feel understood. I pray for us all.
DeadWomanWalking

Postby XaeroR35 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:55 pm

I would suggest seeing a psychiatrist.
XaeroR35

Postby DeadWomanWalking » Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:54 am

I've already tried that. No one understands the hell that you live through every minute of every day when your vision is blurry all of the time. There is no activity that can fill the time. Each minute seems like a day. This is not the "usual" depression that psychiatrists deal with. The only thing that would help is improvement in vision, which apparently is not possible. My only goal now is to warn as many people as possible to not ever even consider lasik surgery under any circumstances before I give up. No one understands this nightmare.
DeadWomanWalking

Postby troybledsoe » Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:59 am

I have also had a bad experience. Cornea erosions, eyelid ifections, poor followup...ect I saw a mental health doctor and now on meds for anxiety, dpression and meds to sleep. I would never advise anyoe to have Lasik. If you are in the percentage that have problems it is a nightmare.
troybledsoe

Return to Just Had It