Had it on 12/16/10

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Had it on 12/16/10

Postby Fiireygirl » Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:09 pm

I had custom lasik on 12/16/10 with wavelength. Everything went fine, but I noticed that my left eye felt like it had something in it and my vision was getting worse. I went for my one week and my Dr. said I had a lot of debris in my left eye. He lifted the flap and irrigated it out. The next morning I woke up, I saw GREAT! Went back for another check up and all was well.

Well, the next day I woke up and my vision in my left eye was blurry. It has since gotten worse and feels again as if something is in it. I do the drops like I was told and have been wearing the eye shield constantly to help prevent anything else getting in there.

There was no mention of DLK or epithelial growth when I went to get my eye "cleaned", but I'm beginning to think it has got to be one or the other. I am very nervous and upset by the regression of my left eye. I don't go back to see my Dr. until later this week since it's over the holidays. My question is has anyone else had this problem? What is the treatment for DLK and epithelial growth?

I figured there are only so many times that they can lift the flap and clean it out before it's one too many times and will cause a significant amount of trauma to the eye.

I'm nervous about have serious vision loss to my left eye. HELP!
Fiireygirl

Re: Had it on 12/16/10

Postby Fiireygirl » Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:26 pm

So I have been reading several threads and searching the internet about problems with the flaps, irrigating, etc. I haven't yet come across any article or thread yet that has any mention of a flap being lifted and cleaned out more than once.

I also really haven't been able to find anything about further treatment. If I do have to get my flap cleaned out again, is there anything that can help prevent debris from getting in there again? Or if it is epithelial growth, is there anything that can prevent that also?

I'm just looking for some input or some advice because I feel like a fool. I decided to have this done and then there are these complications, when my glasses worked just fine. Just frustrated.
Fiireygirl

Re: Had it on 12/16/10

Postby Fiireygirl » Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:47 pm

Saw my opthamologist yesterday, he said that there was no further debris, or signs of DLK or epithelial ingrowth in my left eye. He did say however, that I had some fluid under the flap and there was a bit of edema around the flap. He also said there were microstriae present, but they were not in my visual field, so they where insignificant. He told me to keep using the steroid drops and come back on Monday.

I understand that the edema will go down and my vision will probably get better, my question is, has anyone heard anything about fluid underneath the flap?
I can't really find anything in this forum, or on the net about that, or what it could mean. My doctors seem not to be too worried about it, they just want me to come back every week until my vision stabilizes.
Fiireygirl

Return to Just Had It