had lasik and having problems_help

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

had lasik and having problems_help

Postby troybledsoe » Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:57 pm

I had Lasik 8 weeks ago. Had alot of pain In my eye lids since. Seem to have problems with the eye drops. I have tried all of the preserv frree and my eyelids burn for many hours after. I went to the doctor and he said that I had blocked oil glands and told me to use hot compress on my eyelids and perscribed (Neomycin and polymyxin B sulfates and Dexamethasone Ophthalmic Suspension) I also noticed a slight malformation on my cornea when the light hit my eye right. Looks like a bump or a bubble or something. Doesn't seem to effect my sight though at this time. I know this is alot. Ad help or thoughts would be great.
troybledsoe

Re: had lasik and having problems_help

Postby troybledsoe » Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:03 pm

Had to see the doctor on the weekend. The spot on my cornea was a scratch. I'm now wearing a contact so it will heal. He said that I have an infection on my eye lids. Put me on an eye ointment to rub on my lids at night.

Does anyone have a suggestion on eye drops for someone that has my problem and that are sensitive to drops?
troybledsoe

Re: had lasik and having problems_help

Postby DeadWomanWalking » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:30 pm

I don't know about your problem specifically, but my doctor recommended a preservative free eye drop called "Bion Tears" and it seems to be working better for me that the "Refresh Plus." We get them at Wal-Mart for about $13 for 28 vials.
DeadWomanWalking

Return to Just Had It