4-5 month update from my Lasik Experience

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

4-5 month update from my Lasik Experience

Postby bjd2k1 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:45 pm

Just wanted to check in and provide a 4 month Post-op report. After having Lasik my left eye was seeing 20/10 and my right was around 20/25... this was a difficult period for me because I am right eye dominant. I thought it was going to stay this way forever and even if it had, I would have been ok with it because it was still better than wearing glasses. Pre-op I had read alot and weighed all of the variables that applied to my specific scenario. For those who haven't read my "I'm thinking of it" thread I will provide a brief overview of my pre-op condition: My Rx was around -4.00 in both eyes, and had substantial corneal thickness in both eyes at around 560um in each. My pupil size was relatively large at 8mm and I had a slight astigmatism in both eyes of about .50..... after my pre-op dialation exam (can't remember the name of it now) I was told that I had some lattice degeneration around the perimeter of my retinas but there were no holes or tears and I should be ok to go ahead with the surgery. I weighed all of the options and possible outcomes and decided to go ahead with the surgery.

Now on to the present! I am happy to report I am now seeing 20/15 with each eye and suffered no ill effects from the surgery what so ever thus far. I didn't really have any dry eye to speak of even immediately after the surgery, just some slight dryness that went away about 3 weeks later. I had another optomap of my retina and the suction ring caused no discernable damage to the retina during surgery (this was one of my biggest concerns). Night vision also seems to be the same as with my contacts, no starbursts or halos that I can tell. (I discussed with my surgeon making the flap diameter a little larger to accomodate my dialated pupil size and I think this has helped me to avoid that complication)

Hopefully these results will stand the test of time. So far, I am thrilled with my surgery.

see you guys in a few more months.
bjd2k1

Return to Just Had It