Dry eyes and vision

Post your questions and start your research in this forum if more than three months ago you had any type of surgery to reduce the need for glasses and contacts.

Re: Dry eyes and vision

Postby Mr.UnPerfect » Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:41 pm

Hi again. please translate......
Doc H wrote:
And re the Zinc I thought you were taking deficiency not uber concs...[/quote]

My mistake, Omega3 is not converted into DHA and EPA in many people ,thats why good quality
fish oil is preferred. It's the DHA and EPA that is more beneficial.
Mr.UnPerfect

Postby DocH » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:26 pm

Hi all, Now 8 months post lasik.
Eyes are begining to tear(at last!) and wetness (or I should say less dryness) was confirmed on my recent eye exam.
My eyes were also designated 'stable' ie no real changes in presciption for 3 months.
I have ended up at -1.25/-1.5 for my L eye and -1.5/-1.75 for my R.
I am hoping that I have enought cornea left for a re-do on my R eye.
Will continue to post progress.

Note for Mr Unperfect: uber means huge. levels over 100mg Zinc can cause gastric unease...
DocH

Postby DocH » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:18 pm

Dear All,
Redo for my R eye booked for May
I am going with monovision, (L eye close, R eye far).
Present script is about -1.5 L and -1.75 R.
I am going to be very pro-active re possible dry eye this time.
Will post after the surgery.
DocH

Postby DeadWomanWalking » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:11 pm

DocH, can you provide any update to your story? I had lasik in September 2010 and have blurry vision in addition to the development of severe dry eye which cause me lots of pain. Are you still having problems or did your dry eye subside any? Thanks for taking the time to post your story. This is the only place I'm able to find folks who understand the pain and frustration.
DeadWomanWalking

Postby DocH » Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:02 pm

Hi there
I did post after my redo but under a differnt heading (if you can search for DocH you will find them)
I had my re-do in May 2010, I was very careful re drops (perservative free) Lacri-lube at night (critical to me) and daily anti-inflammitory (ie Advil 200mg every 4hours for at least 2-3 weeks after surgery) and flax-oil daily.
I also had a long lasting punctal plug put in (it only recently fell out).
I don't know if it was these measures or not but I had much less dry eye after the re-do.
However even now I still use drops as needed and always use Lacri-lube at night.
As I can now function without glasses since the age of 5, a little dry eye is worth it!
DocH

Postby DeadWomanWalking » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:28 am

DocH, Thanks so much for taking the time to respond to questions even though you're through the worst of things. You must be a special person to help those of us who are just starting out on this journey and I REALLY appreciate you! My depression since this surgery has been massive and if I can at least get some relief from the dry eye, that will be one less complication to contend with. I got lower punctal plugs put in last week, but will see about trying the lacrilube at night and the Advil during the day. (I've been too scared to try pain relievers since most of them dry the eye more and tylenol never helps me.) Thanks again and I'm so happy that your vision has turned out well.
DeadWomanWalking

Postby LasikExpert » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:26 am

We have a rather detailed article about Lasik and dry eye treatment that may be of interest.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Had It A While Ago