My experience so far

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

My experience so far

Postby XaeroR35 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:44 pm

I had Lasik with the keratome blade done on Nov 1. I had heard going in that my eyes would burn the rest of the day and maybe the next day. Luckily for me that never happened.

The following day I had a follow up and he said the flaps were sitting great, but my left eye had signs of DLK/Sands. He increased the steroid drop dosage in that eye. Thursday was my next appointment, and the doctor said DLK was getting worse and he wanted to lift the flap and clean it out. NOTE: My left eye was beginning to get very hazy at this point.Not knowing much about DLK I said I couldn't do it that day and was on my way to work. If I had known how much of an issue it was at the time, I would have gone along with his recommendation. We setup the flap cleaning for the next day (friday).

The flap cleaning was fast and painless. I was rather surprised that the flap just gets pulled on to get it back up and doesn't require any cutting. The following monday my right eye tested 20/20 while the left was 20/35. My left eye was hazy/dry feeling for several weeks after this and I started wondering if it would ever get better. Actually part of me was regretting getting the surgery thinking I would be this way for ever.

The left eye has healed up completely at this point. It is not as clear as my right eye but it I have to close one eye at a time to make any discernible difference between them. I have a follow up after the new year and will see where my vision stands. I would guess still 20/20 in the right eye, and 20/25 in the left. There is still some days where my eyes are dry and need a lot of drops, however I am comfortable with this and am happy with my new vision.
XaeroR35

Re: My experience so far

Postby LasikExpert » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:34 am

Be sure to keep us informed of your progress.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Just Had It