Just had it

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Just had it

Postby michaelscai » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:35 pm

Just had intralasik on both eyes on 01/21, eyes are 20/20 and 20/15 the next morning, minimal driness, not much worse than before.. had intralase with allegretto laser for the lasik.

still getting use to the improved eye sight, sometimes have a bit headache adjusting similar to changing eye glasses. but overall happy with the results, seeing close and far very clearlly, was -1.25 and -5.5 before the surgery.
michaelscai

Re: Just had it

Postby michaelscai » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:33 am

after one week..

I'm seeing stardust at night, nothing significant enough to affect driving

have some dry eye need to apply eye drop a few time a day but it's geting better, the dry eye problem is not too bad, I think I'm glad to have done lasik instead of PRK because from what I read PRK can be pretty painful - I don't want to live in a few days of terrible pain and weeks and month of bad vision - the key is to treat your dry eye prior to lasik IMO.. and all laser intralase would help with the dry eye compare to microkeretine IMO.

one day when I get up I have headache around my left eye, but next day it's fine

everything seems to be getting better everyday..I don't know if the stardust is going to get away by itself but I'm not too concerned about it..

would I recommend lasik to others??

i think if you have low myopia it's not affecting you much, I would not go through a surgical procedure, things can go wrong, and your doctor would probably under-emphasis the risk because it's a profitable business, I felt my left eye was some what 'injured' from having the eyeball held and flap cut by intralase although it's getting better every day - having your eyeball held through sucktion to created a flap could be quite uncomfortable to somewhat traumatic, i did it because my right eye is a lot worse than the left eye -5.5 vs -1.25,

if your eye sight is affecting you in any negative way, then it's definitely worth it because the risk is realtively small..

if you are doing it for purely costmetic reason, you have to ask your self how important it is to live without glasses, do it if the anser is very important, otherwise it's better to wear glasses or contacts IMO
michaelscai

Re: Just had it

Postby michaelscai » Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:16 am

A few days shy of a month..

both eyes doing well, i almost forgot about applying eye drops as it doesn't feel dry, almost feel less dry than before the surgery.. for the week or so after the surgery i had to use eye drop quite frequently

my eyes don't get tired as much without glasses even though I sit in front of computer all day.

no more headaches, light sensitivity is gone

still seeing hallos at night or around lights at certain distant, but not a big deal - not sure it will go away..

I'm glad I did lasik instead of PRK - faster recovery time and vision was quite stable right after surgery.

And I was cheap and did it in mexico for about half the cost with intralase and allegretto, came out great..
michaelscai

Return to Just Had It