Epithelium Cleaning

Post your questions and start your research in this forum if more than three months ago you had any type of surgery to reduce the need for glasses and contacts.

Epithelium Cleaning

Postby Daphnep » Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:37 pm

I had custom LASIK done 3 1/2 months ago. About 1 month post op I began noticing problems with right eye, I proofreader extensively at work. The first hour or so the text is clear. As my eye tires out the text begins to mix together. saw my doc at that time. He said to continue to monitor. Still an issue at 3 month visit. He sent me to eye surgeon. He evaluated me and decided I have cell growth on top of my epithelium. He scheduled me to clean the cells off.

I received pre and post op instructions for prk. I assume the procedure will be similar to prk but without laser correction.

Has anybody had this done? Is it painful? Is it successful? Does it seem like a good solution to my problem. Any comments would be appreciated.
Daphnep

Re: Epithelium Cleaning

Postby Daphnep » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:22 pm

Had the DEBRIDEMENT done yesterday. Procedure was painless. Less than 10 minutes total in surgical suite. No pain afterwards either.

Dr said my epithelium was very loose?

Went for followup. This am. Dr said looks great and well into healing already! Certainly not worth all the worrying I did upfront! Will post if anything more to report.
Daphnep

Re: Epithelium Cleaning

Postby Daphnep » Mon May 02, 2011 11:32 pm

Well it's now been 5 days since procedure. Has anybody had this done? I am seriously getting worried. Before lens removed was pretty clear. Could read 2 more lines on chart after removed. Vision deteriorated thru that day. Next day and now today, vision is very blurry. IS this normal? Pretty stressed! Any responses greatly appreciated!!
Daphnep

Return to Had It A While Ago