PRK 3 weeks post-op (terrified and panicked)

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

PRK 3 weeks post-op (terrified and panicked)

Postby Antaro » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:06 pm

Hello everybody.
Let me share with all of you my experience with PRK surgery.
I had my surgery done on 20.11.2011 which is already almost 3 weeks.
I had -3.0 on both eyes with no astigamtism. As my surgeon claims everything went as planned with no complications. My distance vision now is as i would say perfect! Its already been so great few days after surgery. So what im doing here ? Here it goes...
Almost all kind of side effects and complications occured. My right eye is much worser than left one. I have double vision (ghosting), lack of contrast, halos, and the most annoying starbursting. Im scared to death these days.
Tell me please. Is it normal that those side-effects aint going away ? I know that it takes pretty a lot time for eyes to heal after PRK surgery. My doctor said even up to 7-8 weeks to stabilize my vision. He said that day by day everything will be getting better. What a lie. Its been 15 days since i get my secure-contact-lenses took off. As i said my distance vision is fantastic, but side effects are on the same level every day since. Why nothing is changing ? Have my eyes stoppped healing process ? I dont understand how is it possible that within next weeks post-op complication will dissapear. If everything is the same each day, why would it rapidly change in the near future ? Im really worried.
Has any of you guys been going through the same situation ? Do i have still a chance my eyes vision will get better ?

ps: I'm sorry for my poor english.
Antaro

Re: PRK 3 weeks post-op (terrified and panicked)

Postby Indept » Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:13 pm

Antaro,

Don't panic, it takes months for your eyes to heal. Are you still on steroid drops or antibiotic drops? Use wetting drops often every few hours or more.
your eyes will vary a lot for months until the healing is done. I've read it can take 6 months to a year to stabilize, you are early on in the healing process.
Indept

Postby Antaro » Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:28 pm

Im on steroid drops for the next 2 weeks + tear drops until my Dr. says to stop. Im panicked because im not healing at all. This is the main problem. My eyes condition is the same since 3 weeks. No changes. All side effects remains on same level. This really scares me.
Antaro

Postby Indept » Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:46 pm

Antaro,
Keep in mind that the real healing starts after the steroids stop. You will get change when you stop those drops, I know I did.
Indept

Postby Antaro » Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:29 pm

Indept wrote:Antaro,
Keep in mind that the real healing starts after the steroids stop. You will get change when you stop those drops, I know I did.

I wasn't aware of that fact until yesterday or so when i red on some other forum that steroid drops slows down healing process in order to have better results in the future. So im dropping steroids on 28th this month. Then i hope i'll notice some progression in my vision.
Antaro

Postby Antaro » Sun Dec 25, 2011 8:04 pm

So, im already 2 months post-op. Around 4 weeks im off of steroid drops (Flarex). The vision hasnt changed at all. My starburst and hallo effect seems permanent at this time. Do my eyes still heal? Realy, how do you know that ? My doctor said that side effects may last up to 4-5 months. I dont know if she was saying it generaly or in my special case. But i wonder, why my vision quality would improve soon if it hasnt changed at all since many weeks. What options do i have if everything wont get any better until April 2012( my next appointment with doctor) ?
Antaro

Postby mjos009 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:44 pm

Hello Antaro,
what's ur pupil size ? I am having a similar issue and had my surgery 1 yr back. Nothing changed for me till now . My contrast sensitivity is very low at night and I can still see startburst and halos however there effect have decreased as the time progresses , but still I can see them. As per my Doc views my large pupil size is responsible for these issues. Your situation will definitely going to improve as the time ticks. You have to keep patience for some more time ( atleast six months) before running to any conclusion. Thanks,
mjos009

Postby Antaro » Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:53 am

Yes i know all that. Im not going to do anything until my next appointment with my doc, which will be on 6th April (in few months).
My pupils size is 6.5mm and ablation zone was 6.75mm. Im wondering. Is it possible that my pupils were incorrectly measured ? A mistake ? And is it possible that surgery has made my pupils bigger ? Whenever i look in the mirror at my eyes, pupils seems bigger to me now than beforey surgery. I'll make sure in April to have my pupils measured again!
Antaro

Postby Indept » Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:56 am

Ataro,
How are things going? Curious to see how you're progressing. I just had my left eye done & hoping for success.
Indept

Postby Antaro » Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:22 am

There is no progress mate im afraid. Things with my night vision quality has stucked in dead point. Im getting close to 3 months post-op
Today i stop Corneregel. Its an eye-lubricant gel. Maybe since now on something will change.
Antaro

Postby Indept » Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:14 am

Antaro,

Sorry to read about your ongoing problems, I will still keep hope for some recovery for you. Good luck
Indept

Return to Just Had It