2 weeks post prk enhancement

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

2 weeks post prk enhancement

Postby Mercy » Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:38 pm

I am 60 years old and had enhancement to a PRK that was originally performed 10 months ago. My complaint was that of ghosting and all doctors agreed I had made all the progress possible and enhancement was my only option.
Now, I am 2 weeks post op on the enhancement and I have issues I don't recall from my original PRK. For one thing, the epithelium is taking a long time to cover the cornea. The bandage and been removed and a new one has replaced it three time now. At two weeks I still have bandage and doctor says I am healing nicely, eyes are clear and crisp and prolly my age that hinders rapid healing. I full expect bandage to be removed next visit which will make me 18 days post op. Would like any input re this.
Next, I am experiencing a haze or fog-like vision. Doctor says that it is due to the fact that epithelium is not yet covering center area. I am told that I'll soon see improvement once epithelium grows over but if I am so close to it covering now I find it hard to believe that I will wake up 2-3 days from now and see such a great difference. I understand this is a lengthy process of healing and my age is a factor. Please understand that after the original surgery I was told the ghosting would go away and it didn't...So my skepticism is founded on my experience of "you can't always believe what you hear".
I do hope someone can comment to my situation. Any input is appreciated!
Mercy

Re: 2 weeks post prk enhancement

Postby susssan » Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:00 pm

I had a PRK enhancement. It was hazy for a while, and then got better within a few days. It still took a few weeks after that for my vision to reach close to 20/20. I would say it took about 6 weeks. At 2 months it was less than 20/20 At maybe 3 or 4 months, I noticed it was perfect.
susssan

Return to Just Had It