1 month Post PRK lasereye surgery

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

1 month Post PRK lasereye surgery

Postby exhaust » Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:25 am

My left eye is behind by a big margin on recovery compared to right.

It has been 1 month post PRK. On the last check-up my left was measured to be 20/30, right is 20/25. But left feels much worse than that. If I was to put percentage comparing with when I had glasses, left eye 60%, right eye 85%. Right has started to show daily acuity progress but left seem to be stuck at blurry both near & far. Here's my prescription I don't understand last 2 lines yet.

------------------------
R -5.25 sph.
L -5.12 -0.75 x 17

39.62 / 39.87 x 110 / 20
39.62 / 40.25 x 40 / 130
------------------------

I must admit I can't help being paranoid thinking back to surgery day where they did left eye first I was told to stare at red laser dot but did I rolled my eye a bit? I think so maybe. I know device is equipped with feature that auto cancels the procedure if eye movement exceeds certain thresholds but this just seems to be logically consistent to the blurry left eye vs. right. When they did the right eye second I learned from other eye and got more accustomed and better at keeping still staring at red dot.

Can -0.75 astimatism on the left eye really make that big difference? Currently it feels my left eye is stuck in same blurriness and right got even sharper today. Thoughts please.
exhaust

Re: 1 month Post PRK lasereye surgery

Postby LasikExpert » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:36 am

exhaust wrote:Here's my prescription I don't understand last 2 lines yet.

The second two lines say exactly the same thing with a different method of measurement. Like the differenct beween a yard and a meter.

exhaust wrote:I must admit I can't help being paranoid thinking back to surgery day where they did left eye first I was told to stare at red laser dot but did I rolled my eye a bit? I think so maybe.

Modern lasers have a tracking system and only a small amount of laser energy is applied at a time. It is unlikely that your eye movement would have caused a problem.

exhaust wrote:Can -0.75 astimatism on the left eye really make that big difference?

Absolutely. Your vision is likely worse in low light environments. Your symptoms may include halos around light sources and ghosting.

Most of what you describe can be attributed to the extended healing process for PRK. As an experiment, put in a couple of drops of preservative-free artificial tears. The clarity of your vision immediately after adding the tears is what you can expect as the epithelium thickens and smooths.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Re: 1 month Post PRK lasereye surgery

Postby exhaust » Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:43 am

LasikExpert, thanks so much for your responses. I have ran out of preservative free Alcon Bion Tears. Once this is gone I was advised by clinic to switch to Refresh tears. I think I will pick up another box of Alcon Bion Tears so I can compare and try to what you suggested.

Edit: Links removed.
exhaust

Return to Just Had It