Lacrimal gland????

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Lacrimal gland????

Postby klw498 » Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:37 pm

Hi,
I'm 37 and a female who had custom lasik 3 months ago. I have 20/20 vision now. My question is about the lacrimal gland. I have developed a lump. I went to see my doctor yesterday he said it is probably a cyst. It had nothing to do with lasik. To come back in a few weeks. Do you know anything about this I have tried to search online and didn't really find to much. He also mentioned maybe putting me on restasis(?) If you can help me in anyway I would appreicate it. Thanks in advance.
Kerry
klw498

Postby LasikExpert » Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:54 am

It is very rare, but there is at least one case study of a cyst causing blockage of the lacrimal gland canals. Restasis is topical cyclosporine, which is an anti-inflammatory. This does seem like a reasonable early response, however Restasis does not become fully effective until after about three months of use. How much Restasis will help and when is an open question.

For the assistance of others, please keep us informed through postings in this thread of your progress. Also, ask your doctor if it would be appropriate for him to submit a case study to one of the ophthalmic journals.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Just Had It