Enhancement for halos and glare

Post your questions and start your research in this forum if more than three months ago you had any type of surgery to reduce the need for glasses and contacts.

Enhancement for halos and glare

Postby rlharsta » Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:59 am

I had Lasik done about 10 months ago on my -9.5 + astigmatism eyes. They chose not to do Wavefront at that time saying that it may overcorrect my eyes. They also did say that I would more than likely also need an enhancement. I now I have 20/20 vision, however have terrible halos and glare noticeable even in good lighting. My Lasik facility now suggests doing PRK Wavefront enhancements one eye at a time to correct the light problems. I am really hesitant and scared and it is super expensive to have 2nd opinions from other facilities. Is this second procedure common? Does it sound reasonable?
rlharsta

Postby sunshellsea » Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:54 am

I had Traditional Lasik done almost 6 years ago. I had no complications except I did notice a change in night vision and glare/halos around lights. My vision has now regressed so the halos are worse. I too am considering the wavefront Custom enhancement, but cannot find too much info on those who first had Traditional and now need Wavefront. The thing my doctor said is that they take more tisse with wavefront so check your tissue levels. I think if I do it I will do one eye at a time.
sunshellsea

Postby LasikExpert » Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:20 am

A second procedure after a 9.50 diopter correction is not only common, it is almost an absolute. The eye regresses when so much error is corrected. Whether or not a wavefront-guided enhancement will help your night vision problems will depend greatly upon the exact nature of those problems. You really need to discuss your specific details with your surgeon. If you still have questions/concerns, then seek a second opinion.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Had It A While Ago