post lasek about almost three months ago

Post your questions and start your research in this forum if more than three months ago you had any type of surgery to reduce the need for glasses and contacts.

post lasek about almost three months ago

Postby jturner29 » Wed Nov 22, 2006 1:33 am

before lasek -5.25 and -5.50 , post lasek right after surgery -.25 and -.75, and 2 weeks after that i was -.125 and -1.75 and now about three months out i can tell i need new glasses again , vision with glasses is blurry at distance and without glasses the tv is not as clear as it was earlier on. anyway ia m going to have my enhancement this month or next, i was just wondering, if this amount of regression is normal, because it seems like i should not have regressed that much as what i did and i know it is worse than 1.25 and 1.75 now just not sure how much worse, i have not been taking the restasis religously like i was before, i am just worried if i have it agian i still wont be fixed... and my doctor did tell me at my 3 week follow up that my eye was already healed and that that is why he gives people the prednisone drops is to slow the healing down, but i thought the prednisone would make the eyes heal faster....
jturner29

Postby carmen123 » Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:36 pm

I had LASEK at the end of July, and I too have experienced some regression. Currently, I have only noticed regression in my left eye. My right eye seems to be doing great, but I have a feeling it is only a matter of time..

I know that with higher prescriptions, regression is quite normal, but I'm not sure to what degree. I think it is better to wait as long as possible before getting an enhancement though. (As in, make sure that your eyes have fully regressed before doing a touch-up).

Good luck though!
carmen123

Return to Had It A While Ago