24 hours post-LASIK, so far so good

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

24 hours post-LASIK, so far so good

Postby tootingbec » Thu Nov 23, 2006 8:40 pm

I had Custom Wavefront LASIK on a VISX machine yesterday. I was pretty anxious going in to the procedure, but my anxiety went way down once one eye was complete and the fear of the unknown abated.

During the first few hours after surgery, I never had anything more than moderate discomfort in my eyes. It definitely felt like somebody was chopping onions nearby, just as promised. But now, the day after, I just have a mild scratchiness and a sense of eye fatigue, as if I had left my contacts in too long.

My vision is pretty good indeed. Today I was able to make out most of the 20/20 line on the Snellen chart. Bright lights have a gentle halo around them, about as wide as my pinky when held at arm's length. I can live with that.

I'll post again in a few months to report how things evolve.
tootingbec

Postby LasikExpert » Fri Nov 24, 2006 5:41 am

It is good to hear of your progress. Of course one day is quite early. Change would be expected, including those halos becoming more faint.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Just Had It