Improvement?

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Improvement?

Postby tshlaru » Fri Dec 01, 2006 1:53 am

I am 2 weeks post lasik. I'm seeing 20/20 with my right eye and about 20/40 with my left eye. Before lasik my correction was -6.25 in my left eye and -5.75 in my right, with a little astigmatism in both. My vision fluctuates in my left eye. In the morning things are quite blurry and as the day goes on, it seems to clear up, however it is never as good as the right eye vision. Sometimes I wonder if my left eye is over corrected, but I'm not sure how to determine that for sure. I am wearing +2 reading glasses for close up during the day. However when I put on my reading glasses I can see distances perfectly with my left eye as well as close up. I'm wondering why that is? Without the reading glasses my "in between" vision (2-5 ft.) is bad with my left eye and little blurry with my right. I'm using drops for dryness as well. My main question is can I expect to see continued improvement in my left eye?
tshlaru

Postby LasikExpert » Fri Dec 01, 2006 4:20 am

It would be reasonable to expect change, but whether or not that change will be improvement would be difficult to answer so early after surgery.

The vision fluctuation may be related to Lasik and dry eye problems. Read the linked article about these issues. Yes, you can have dry eye problems in only one eye.

You can learn if you have been over or undercorrected by the doctor providing a refraction (which is better, one or two?). The resulting prescription will tell you your current refractive error. You may want to ask your doctor for a refraction with your one month checkup.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Just Had It