post-op cataract complications

If you are thinking about having Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL eye surgery, this is the forum to research your concerns or ask your questions.

post-op cataract complications

Postby CPF55 » Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:58 pm

Hello Dr., my cataract surgery has been a nightmare. My surgery was in Febuary and my disability is currently extended until 1/07, so unquestionably I have issues. Let me cut through the chase. I have no desire to take legal action against my doctor, only to resolve my vision problems as best possible, and as quickly as possibly. I've spent many hours researching my problem and I am of the impression (perhaps unwisely so) that I now have an idea as to what the source of the problems is that I am still experiencing. However, my doctor will not conceive to any surgically related complications stemming from the procedure. Shortly after surgery I was informed to expect a 6 month recovery. I have seen three other opthamologists, and although one doctor stated that he did not blame me for not wanting to go back to my doctor, he (as well as the other dr's) would not state what the nature of the problem/s is. Can you advise me how to determine the nature of the surgical damage without taking legal action? I am finding there is a doctor's code of silence that is impregnable. Thank you
CPF55

Postby LasikExpert » Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:22 am

The course to determine the cause of a medical problem is with a medical doctor. You have had multiple doctors examine you without a diagnosis of a problem. Let's discuss that a bit.

What are your symptoms? When did they occur? What have the second and third opinon doctors said? What do you believe is the problem? What is the recommend treatment to resolve the problem? What is the prognosis that the recommended treatment will resolve the problem?
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby CPF55 » Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:11 am

Glenn, I spent considerable time addressing my situation with a great amount of eyestrain and my summission didn't go through because I hadn't logged on before aqttemping to submit. I'll try again soon.
CPF55

Postby LasikExpert » Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:02 am

Aaaaaugh! I hate that. It may be a good idea to put it all into a regular document and update it as a journal. This can be very helpful.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Thinking About It