2 month check up

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

2 month check up

Postby Betty39 » Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:23 pm

I went in yesterday for my 2 month check up. I am happy to report the dry eyes are lessening to a point that I am much more comfortable. Not totally gone but compared to a month ago much better. I am still taking the 2 Tablespoons of liquid flaxseed every day. My vision is still 20/20 in both eyes which I'm happy about. He said to just give the dry eyes more time to resolve but it seems I'm heading in the right direction.
I do have a question. I am 39 and the doctor told me that he didn't fully correct my right eye (my non dominant eye) but I don't really notice a difference. Maybe a wee less crisp in that eye but hardly noticeable. My question is I think I read here that you can't undercorrect with wavefront custom lasik. But he says he did. I told him I don't notice a difference between the two eyes, he said that I probably will in a few years. The attempt was to put off my need for reading glasses a few extra years. But can such a tiny difference really help me keep my up close vision?
I am feeling much better about my decision to have this done since the dry eye is getting better. I hope in the upcoming months it will totally resolve. So far so good.
Betty39

Postby LasikExpert » Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:28 am

Excellent to hear of your progress, Betty.

Some lasers have the ability to back-off the correction even in wavefront-guided mode. I need to look at our information on this and make sure I get that message across.

It sounds like your doctor gave you mini-monovision. You will really appreciate this as presbyopia starts to affect your near vision.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Just Had It