6 weeks post op eyes not recovering as they should why??

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

6 weeks post op eyes not recovering as they should why??

Postby shar » Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:55 am

I had wavefront lasek done 6 weeks ago and i was assured that my vision should be 20/20 by now although it is far from this I am not exactly sure of the exact measurment of my eyes and as I am due back next week for tests, although I can tell you that my vision has only got a little better since the initial first few days after the operation, I can see alot better than i could before i had the operation although when driving i cannot see the number plate of the car in front of me or I can not see road signs until I have nearly passed them. I am suffering no pain at all in my eyes so I do not think i have an infection and I am taking my eye drops throughout the day.

I am a bit worried that my eyes are not going to get better and that I will end up wearing glasses again. Can you please tell me is this normal?
shar

Postby LasikExpert » Fri Dec 08, 2006 6:00 pm

Everyone heals differently. Lasik is often more of a six month process than a "20-Minute Miracle".

What was eyeglass your prescription before surgery? Do you have a current prescription? Has your doctor mentioned anything about dry eye? Are you able to achieve full distance vision with lenses during a manifest refraction (which is better, one or two)? Is your mid-distance and near vision good? Do you have significant fluctuations in vision quality throughout the day?
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Just Had It