IOL & Pain

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Postby LasikExpert » Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:54 am

With your symptoms becoming worse, it may be wise to seek urgent care.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby WaTeR » Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:04 am

I just came from the hospital. The doctor that talked with me got in touch with an oftalmologist (by coincidence, it my regular one!!) and tomorrow morning at 8h30 i have an appointment with her, Meanwhile i am here at work...with something covering my right eye.
WaTeR

Postby LasikExpert » Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:05 am

Be sure to let us know what the doctor says.
Glenn Hagele
USAEyes

Lasik Info &

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby WaTeR » Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:49 pm

I went to the ophtalmologist as i said i would..There she done some exams, and the conclusion was that everything i ok and has it should be. Tension...len...eye it self..She saw nothing that could be the source of what ive been describing...
WaTeR

Postby LasikExpert » Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:39 pm

Please clarify if the pain is in the eye with Lasik or the eye with IOL.
Glenn Hagele
USAEyes

Lasik Info &

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby WaTeR » Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:17 pm

IOL (with lasik)
WaTeR

Postby LasikExpert » Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:05 am

The problem with IOL and Lasik in the same eye is that it is often impossible to determine which (if either) is causing the pain, or if it is a unique combination of the two.

I assume you had the IOL surgery several days or weeks before Lasik. Did you have the pain during the time you had only the IOL? Did the pain only occur after the Lasik?
Glenn Hagele
USAEyes

Lasik Info &

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby WaTeR » Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:42 am

I said that i've done IOL with Lasik on the right eye, but its not true. They only done IOL until now (at least that's what ive noticed). Lasik (only used in the Left eye) is described on the surgery information but probably would be to correct the astigmatism, and i havent done that yet (one step on a time). I felt pain and my eye was red right after the surgery (a couple of hours between). Doctor said that it was not normal, though it could be just a reaction to the surgery/strange body and to give it sometime because there was nothing wrong in the eye. Meanwhile i used plenty of the eyedrops he said until both syntoms disappeared for complete. But when i stopped with the threatmaent (following the scheadule) The pain came back and a different type of red too. And since then...
Now im using another type of eyedrops prescripted by the ophtamologist i went. She said its a bit stronger than the ones i've been using . Before i left the room, she said something like "You're taking this prescription...but as i said, there's nothing to be cured there...).
With these eyedrops it hasnt been hurting at all. I'll use them until 21/12 and ill pray to all gods that this painful story finally ends.
WaTeR

Postby WaTeR » Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:58 pm

well, it's still the same...it the end of the month, i will go to the doctour. i alreadytold him that something has to be done. Doing a cleaning inside the eye (in case of some impure)...or ajusting the position of the len...there's no harm right?
WaTeR

Postby LasikExpert » Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:09 pm

After you see your doctor please tell us what corrective procedure is recommended.
Glenn Hagele
USAEyes

Lasik Info &

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby WaTeR » Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:11 am

If he recomends one...because has i already said, he didnt saw anything wrong on the last time i went there. So i doubt this time he will tell me something different. On the other hand. i'll have to force him to do something, even if its just cleaning the inside (this is possible right?) or adjust the len (is this possible too?)...but something has to be done.
one question: is it possible for him to take out the len already in the eye...and put another one on the same surgery?
WaTeR

Postby LasikExpert » Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:51 am

It is possible for your doctor to remove the lens, remove and replace the lens, and reposition the lens while remaining in the eye. Whether or not this is going to help your problem is unknown until after it is attempted.

Your symptoms are very unusual if they are directly caused by the lens.
Glenn Hagele
USAEyes

Lasik Info &

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby WaTeR » Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:54 am

dont you believe that probably the solution goes by cleaning the inside?
WaTeR

Postby WaTeR » Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:58 am

its just that i was told that it could be some impure that may have entered while the surgery...
WaTeR

Postby WaTeR » Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:00 pm

Yesterday i went to the surgerian once again...and he told me the same. There is nothing in the eye that could be causing the pain. i asked him if it could be an impure , for what he told me definitely not! Well, i already gave up hope on him. I have managed to get another surgerian to see me on these days (probably this saturday).

Although he told me (as he told on the other times) that there were some marks on the len due to the reaction after the surgery, but now it is fine.

At this time i am without eyedrops for about... 54 hours and im not feeling pain and the eye isnt red. But this as already hapen...about 4 days without pain ...but then it came back. I stopped the eyedrops because i wanted for the doctour to see the eye on his natural actually (red and pain) but unfortunately its white and no pain...for now.
WaTeR

PreviousNext

Return to Just Had It