Positive Lasik Experience

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Positive Lasik Experience

Postby fred » Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:26 pm

I had Lasik 9 days ago, both eyes were -2.50 with little astigmatism. I was told that my pupils were 7.15 in dim light. The next day I had blurry 20/20 vision, very dry eyes and soreness in my right eye. Yesterday I had 20/15, not perfectly clear but I could easily read the letters. My eyes are still dry but not near as they were a few days ago. The soreness in my right eye has gone away. On another websight I read that they think the flap is not strong after healing. They also state that cateracts are not treatable after Lasik. What is your opinion on this?
fred

Postby LasikExpert » Sat Dec 16, 2006 5:12 am

The flap does not contribute much to the overall strength of the cornea after Lasik, but a strong flap is not required. Good doctors calculate how much corneal tissue will remain untouched and are as sure as possible that enough will remain to maintain corneal stability after Lasik.

Each year thousands of people have successful cataract surgery after Lasik. The calculations to determine the proper intraocular lens (IOL) power can be more challenging if none of your pre-Lasik measurments are available (such as your preop prescription), but even without this information calculations within 1.00 diopter are commonly accomplished.

You may want to see my "Lying the Truth" post.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Just Had It