Lasik vs. Intralasik

If you are thinking about having Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL eye surgery, this is the forum to research your concerns or ask your questions.

Lasik vs. Intralasik

Postby Brandon » Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:27 pm

I have been discussing my options with two different surgeons, one of which offers lasik and the other intralasik. Each of which are promoting thier method. I have been told intralasik is more precise, but has a longer recovery time and patience are more prone to infection. Overall, I have not yet had an evaluation, but should be a prime candidate with the only exception being a slight astigmatism in one eye. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Brandon

LASEK OR EPI LASIK

Postby Julija » Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:25 pm

I had my consultation recently and doctor told me I can have Lasek Wavefront custom vue because i have larger then normal pupils . I am shortsighted -4 -5 and i got astigmatizm .Is it possible to do Epi lasik instead of lasek? I know that after LASEK its long recovery and eyes dont feel very well.(I dont trust that method so much) .Epi lasik is milder and less interfering. Whould you reccomend me anything?
Julija

Postby LasikExpert » Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:47 am

Your relatively mild myopia (nearsighted, shortsighted) vision and astigmatism indicate that you may be an appropriate candidate for the surface ablation techniques of PRK, LASEK, or Epi-Lasik. You should discuss these alternatives to Lasik with your doctor.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Thinking About It