Just had mono vision Lasik with Intralase

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Just had mono vision Lasik with Intralase

Postby critrcntry » Thu Dec 21, 2006 5:59 pm

I had my Lasik with Intralase yesterday afternoon. I am so thrilled. Both of my eyes were in the -900 range. I woke up about midnight and was amazed at how well I could see. This morning, my eyes are just a little red but I can see to read and see at a distance very well. Even if my eyes don't improve with healing, I am very satisfied. The worst part was the burning sensation a few hours after surgery. I took a tylonol PM and went back to sleep and awoke with no pain. I was very nervous going in, but it was nothing like I had anticipated. After wearing hard contacts for 38 years, I feel like I have a new lease on life!
critrcntry

Postby LasikExpert » Thu Dec 21, 2006 6:50 pm

Thanks for the report of your outcome!
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

mono vision

Postby critrcntry » Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:28 am

I'm a little curious after reading some of the other posts about the changes in vision with healing. I am very happy with my results after 2 days. What can I expect after a few months. The doctor said my eyes were currently 20/25 in my dominant eye and 20/40 in my reading eye.
critrcntry

Postby LasikExpert » Sat Dec 23, 2006 3:15 am

Changes do not always occur, but may. Much depends upon your original refractive error. Some regression may occur if you had a significant amount of correction. Temporary dry eye affects about half of Lasik patients and may require artificial tears or similar management. Increased clarity with healing would probably be a reasonable expectation. Your doctor would be best able to advise where you are and where you are probably going.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Just Had It