DryEyes

Post your questions and start your research in this forum if more than three months ago you had any type of surgery to reduce the need for glasses and contacts.

DryEyes

Postby DryEye » Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:10 am

Has anyone had dry eye issues longer than 6 months post custom lasik?
Has anyone had to use artificial tears longer than 6 months for visual improvement (crispness/clarity)?
If so, at what point were you able to eliminate the artificial tears regimen?
It seems to have gotten better and feels like it wants and will get better, but at this point I am wondering.
Thanks
DryEye

Postby LasikExpert » Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:51 pm

Hopefully others will share their personal experiences, however there are reported cases of patients needing artificial tears more than six months after Lasik.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby DryEye » Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:54 pm

Thanks
They seem to have gotten better the past month or so, which considering it is winter in the midwest is good news.
Placement of the tears does still make the vision optimal, so only time will tell i guess if it's a healing issue or dry eye.
DryEye

Postby DeMa » Fri Dec 29, 2006 5:32 am

I had Lasik done almost two years ago, and I still suffer from dry eye. I'm sure this isn't the answer you were hoping for. I stopped using drops, because it was getting so expensive (I've tried every kind out there!), and they only made my eyes better for about 10 seconds, and then they were dry again. Having dry eyes impares my vision some days, but there is nothing else I can do (I've also had plugs put in). I'm hoping that it does eventually go away!
DeMa

Postby LasikExpert » Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:24 am

DeMa,

You may find helpful information at our article about Lasik and dry eye treatment.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby tootingbec » Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:02 pm

I read that article before my LASIK, and, based on it, I preventatively increased my intake of drinking water and also started on HydroEye supplements. There's no way to tell whether the mildness of my post-LASIK dry eye has anything to do with either step, but I certainly don't regret either decision.
tootingbec

Return to Had It A While Ago