changing vision

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

changing vision

Postby baseballfan » Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:22 pm

I had lasik Tues. 1-9-06.

Wed: The right eye was good and the left was not sharp.
Thurs - Sat: The left eye was sharp but the right one was not sharp. The doc. said to use more tears.
Sun: The right eye was sharp but the left one wasnt.
Today: They are both blurry.

I have also been having headaches.

Is all of this normal?
baseballfan

~normal~

Postby mike r » Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:51 pm

I had nothing like that experience but dont know after reading all these forums if there is normal...My eyes felt gritty and any little bit of light was unwanted or uncomfortable...BUT both eyes had real crisp vision right out the gate and still do...I still dont think my magnification for distance has been as good as with glasses but clarity has always been great or same and no haze.
I had mine done on dec 21st lasik with blade.

<mike r>
mike r

Postby baseballfan » Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:23 pm

I also have some dryness in the right eye. When I put tears in things get very sharp for about ten seconds then they go back to normal. I also see real good in the morning. Then the right eye goes back to being not sharp. I also tend to see better outside than inside. When I watch tv it isnt as sharp as it could be. I that part of the night vision side effects?
baseballfan

Postby LasikExpert » Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:16 am

I would not say that your symptoms are "normal", but they are also not unknown. Lasik is much more of a six-month process than a 20-Minute Miracle. You are only a few days postop. Fluctuations in vision, dry eyes, even an ocassional headache may all be a part of your personal healing experience.

You may want to read about Lasik dry eye and Lasik related headaches.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby baseballfan » Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:59 am

Should I be concerned or is it still a waiting game and it should clear up?
baseballfan

Postby LasikExpert » Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:03 am

Report all your symptoms to your doctor's office (give them a call) and don't be surprised if they tell you that this is normal healing and expect it to resolve with healing. If the symptoms get worse or persist, ask your doctor for an examination.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby baseballfan » Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:50 pm

Things have been getting better the last 2 days. The left eye is still a little sharper. Althought, I could read the bottom line with each eye. I still cant drive at night and have some halos in the right eye. The doc says it is all normal for 8 days post op. I go back in 5 weeks. Thanks for all of your input!
baseballfan

Return to Just Had It