wavefront enhancement?

Post your questions and start your research in this forum if more than three months ago you had any type of surgery to reduce the need for glasses and contacts.

wavefront enhancement?

Postby chrissy2282 » Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:25 pm

Does anyone know if you can get a custom wavefront procedure for enhancement after you had traditonal lasik? Will it get rid of halos and starbursts?
chrissy2282

Postby LasikExpert » Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:01 pm

Wavefront enhancement Lasik surgery is possible after conventional Lasik. A wavefront-guided Lasik enhancment may resolve your night vision problems depending upon the exact cause of the vision limitation.

We may be able to provide additional advice if you provide more detail about your situation.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby DemEyes » Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:03 pm

You may also consider contact lenses if your corneas won't withstand additional surgery or you don't want additional surgery.
DemEyes

ok update

Postby chrissy2282 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:13 pm

i just got back from the doc. They did another topography and orbscan(i think that is waht they are called) He showed me my pre-lasik scans and the scans he did today. According to the "scans" I only have -.16 x -.32 in one eye and -.27 x -.30 in the other. I asked him how that can be possible since I can barely read the 20/40 line on the snellen chart. He said I have "inflammatory dry eyes" I tested a 6 in one eye and a 9 in the other on the shrimer test for dry eyes. He says that is why I don't have the "crisp" vision that I'm used to. he also says that is why I have terrible starbursting and halos and night. He says the floaters I see are normal.
Anyways, I was put on REstasis and told to come back in 3 weeks.

ok..here's my questions..

1. Can dry eyes really cause that much of a difference in how I see things?

2. what exactly does the orbscan and topography show? For example can it show why I see starbursts really bad?

3. are the "floaters" really normal?

Sorry for all the ??? 's ! I just don't feel confident in my doctor or the place I went. The doctor who does all my post op visists is not even the same doc. who actually performed my lasik. That is what bugs me sometimes.
chrissy2282

Re: ok update

Postby LasikExpert » Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:28 pm

chrissy2282 wrote:1. Can dry eyes really cause that much of a difference in how I see things?

Absolutely. Lasik dry eyes can cause very poor vision quality, which is why you see so poorly although your refractive error is low. Restasis is an FDA approved drug to treat one cause of dry eye, but there are other things you can do to help. See our article regarding Lasik dry eye treatment.

chrissy2282 wrote:2. what exactly does the orbscan and topography show? For example can it show why I see starbursts really bad?

Orbscan is a diagnostic device that determines the topography of the front and back of the cornea and corneal thickness at multiple locations. You probably also had a wavefront diagnostic. A wavefront diagnostic will better confirm vision problems such as starbursts.

chrissy2282 wrote:3. are the "floaters" really normal?

Floaters are normal, however the change in your refractive error and the process of Lasik may have disrupted them enough to make them more noticeable. See our article about Lasik floaters.

chrissy2282 wrote:The doctor who does all my post op visists is not even the same doc. who actually performed my lasik. That is what bugs me sometimes.

You certainly should be able to be evaluated by your surgeon when you have continued vision problems. You may need to be insistent, but it would be appropriate.
Glenn Hagele
USAEyes

Lasik Info &

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby chrissy2282 » Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:54 am

Thanks for the info.

Ok.. here is another thing I just found out. When the doc. was checking my eyes, he mentioned something about blepharitis, but then just said I had dry eyes. I just looked it up online, and I noticed that my bottom eyelids have little clear bumps also just like I saw in a picture of posterior blepharitis. I have always had those little bumps. They go away after a few days and then come back. I had them even before lasik. I just always thought it was from my tear ducts being clogged.
Do you think I might have damage to my cornea or something since I have always had those little bumps?
I don't know why I am so paranoid about my eyes all the time. I really do regret ever getting lasik done in the first place.
chrissy2282

Postby LasikExpert » Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:26 am

Blepharitis is an inflammation of the eyelids. It is a very common condition that can be associated with a low grade bacterial infection or a generalized skin condition. You may want to read Lasik and blepharitis details. Blepharitis can be treated with medication, cleaning your inner lids with a Q-Tip and baby shampoo, or just applying a warm moist cloth to the eyes for a few minutes each day.

Blepharitis can be exacerbated by dry eyes.
Glenn Hagele
USAEyes

Lasik Info &

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Had It A While Ago