PRK or Epi-Lasik......

If you are thinking about having Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL eye surgery, this is the forum to research your concerns or ask your questions.

Who ya gonna call?

Postby mike r » Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:38 am

GHOSTBUSTERS!!! welcome to the family...

Just for today I ll apreciate a majority of my lasik results...

Just for today I ll acccept the ghost of xmas present and pray not to be visited by the ghost of the future.

Just for today I will try to exterminate the ghost with refresh since I cant contact Bill Murray and get the recipe for the slime.

Ok So my humor is sad!!!

Good luck on progression of improving results...

Ps- does anyone know if the Lexpert is a fellow veteran of a laser procedure???
mike r

Postby rgonyer » Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:37 am

Sorry, what are you saying? You have persistant ghosting? How far post op are you? What procedure did you have? To me, at least, eye surgery, elective or not, is not a joking matter.

Thanks
Robb
rgonyer

Postby GodsClay » Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:12 am

No.... it's not a joking matter. Humor is good, but there is a good time and a bad time for jokes....

I'm just learning all of this stuff in my considerations for surgery. The indecision and weighing the pros and cons are making me crazy. One minute I'm excited and the next I'm ready to call it all off. The anxiety of indecision is not funny..... nor is the anxiety of post surgery.

Keep us posted. There are many like me who are reading the posts and your posts are so much appreciated because you are sharing your thoughts and experiences from the get-go. Folks like you are helping others to make a more informed decision.

You are in my prayers ~
GodsClay

Sorry crossing your humor line...

Postby mike r » Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:28 am

I guess I ve done alot of things involving risks and hazards in life and tried to be lighthearted about them. Tommorrow we may not be here.

Yes I do still have mild ghosting haloing and brighter than usual lighting.
I have been posting in the apropriate "Just had it forum".If you care to join you will see a large percentage of the same issues of others.

Dry eye seems to be the token factor next to residual astigmatism with a great deal of the posts regarding the issue.

So I guess I was tryng to make you feel not unlike the others with my uninspiring response. Maybe Im getting callous of the mild defects.

Anyway maybe you will find time to post in the more applicable forum sometime and I ll try to be more somber over a great deal of our outcomes.

<mike r>
mike r

Postby rgonyer » Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:24 am

Thank you. I realize that this may not be the appropriate place for my followup postings, but I decided to continue my postings in my original thread since I knew a few were following it closely.

I may have come off a little hard on you (mike r) in my last post, and I apologize. Upon reading your "ghostbusters" post, I wasn't able to extract any meaningful info from it, hence my reply, and it appeared that you almost found it entertaining. I am at a high level of anxiety right now, trying to be patient in finding out what my result will be. To anyone considering surface ablation, this is certainly the hard part for me!

I certainly hope you are able to work through all your remaining issues. One thing I told my wife before my surgery, that it may be tough to live with myself if my best corrected vision declined very much at all due to this surgery. But like you, that's the risk I took.

One of the biggest factors that helped me make this decision, is that I personally know 3 people that have had refractive surgery with the same surgeon that has done mine. In all 3 cases, the only only regret any of them had was that they didn't do it sooner. No lingering issues with any of them. 1 of the 3 had Lasik (before they were doing Epi-lasik), and 2 had Epi. One was as recent as 6 weeks ago, and he is 100% happy at 6 weeks post op.

I will continue to keep everyone updated. This is the first time since Friday that I have been able to type a response while looking at the monitor without squinting or covering one eye, so progress continues.

In addition, my bandage contacts are still in (hopefully they come out tomorrow), and I'm guessing they aren't helping any of my vision issues, either....

Thanks again for everyones input, you have all helped in my decision.
rgonyer

Postby GodsClay » Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:45 pm

rgonyer...

May I ask what your readings were BEFORE your surgery? I would like to see just how similar our eyes etc are - which will help me in my decisions.

PRE-Surgery Questions:

1- Did you have astigmatism prior to surgery?

2- If so, to what degree?

3- Your OD Readings

4- Your OS Readings

5- Your cornea thickness BEFORE surgery

6- How much cornea did they remove

7- How much cornea is UN-touched

8- Your pupil size UN-dialated in the dark

9- Did you have any degree of Dry Eyes BEFORE surgery?

10- Your age (I am way over 40 so I'm asking due to presbyopia)

I am so curious to know how you see after the contacts are removed!!

Thank you muchly :)
GodsClay

Postby rgonyer » Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:14 am

I don't have any of those answers for you - other than my contact script was a -3.00 left eye and 2.75 right eye....

I am going to start a post in the "just had it" category per Mike R's request, and go through my experience day by day, assuming there is interest. I will also try to find out all of the info that you asked for. I have another follow up on Wednesday, maybe I can get it then.

Let me know if there is interest in my day by day story..... I have a feeling, like most things on line, you only hear about the bad experiences. I hope to be a good one, but at this point I still do not know ;)

Robb
rgonyer

Postby GodsClay » Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:10 am

Hi Rob!

Oooops ~ Sorry for all of those questions...

As for the day by day updates....................

A B S O L U T E L Y !!!

That would be wonderful !!!

I will look for you in that forum :)
GodsClay

Postby LasikExpert » Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:10 am

Yes, there is interest in your personal process of Lasik. Remember that your postings will remain here for a long time and this will allow others to reveiw your experience in the future.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby rgonyer » Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:18 am

No problem for the questions at all, in fact I am somewhat embarassed that I do not know the answers!
rgonyer

Previous

Return to Thinking About It