IBUPROFEN USE

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

IBUPROFEN USE

Postby mike r » Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:37 am

I was advised to take 600mil of this 2hrs pre surgery.

Nothing beyond the post op was recommended but I decided to pop a few once a day same dose for everyday following the surgery. I dont need them now but no one has mentioned any antiinflamatory use or any EXPERT opinion.

Also I noticed the same results with whiter parts of my eyes someone had mentioned after antibiotic forgot the name, pred forte and refresh. Wonder if this is theraputic for the eyes in general? To lazy to look up therapeutic spelling.

I tried to use a bold font so rgonyer could read my post if interested in case he was still struggling.
mike r

Postby LasikExpert » Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:07 am

Ibuprofen is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory (NSAID) medication. Topical NSAIDs are commonly used in eye surgery. I was not able to find any peer reviewed articles regarding oral Ibuprofen and Lasik.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby rgonyer » Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:05 am

Don't really think I'm struggling by any means... in fact from what my doc says, I'm ahead of schedule.... Just relaying my experiences :)
rgonyer

Return to Just Had It